New kitchen on a suspended floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are planning on altering the layout of our downstairs and we would like to move the existing kitchen to another part of the house so it flows better. My question is, can you install a new kitchen on a suspended floor? The existing kitchen floor is concrete whereas the rest of the downstairs is on a suspended floor so I'm not too sure.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
No problem with that at all Dan - in fact it can be a help regarding water supplies and drainage or whatever.
John :)

If you are putting the washing machine in the kitchen then consider building a brick or block work plinth for the washing machine to stand on. This will prevent the washing machine's vibration from affecting the suspended floor.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for your replies, the washing machine is in our utility room which is off the garage so we'll keep that in there. I wasn't sure if there was any issues regarding the weight of the units/appliances as everyone I seem to know has their kitchens built on concrete floors.

Many thanks for your help, better get planning then!

Cheers

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back