New Kitchen - what are end support panels?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in the process of installing a new b&q it kitchen.

Mostly going fine, but what are the end support panels used for?

I have a U shaped kitchen

Looking at the plan they seem to be placed at the two ends of the U and one on the at a corner.

Assuming these are used to support the worktops? how do these work as it doesn't touch the floor?

Are these essential? If so how do they fit, as they do not have any pre-drilled holes on then.

Sponsored Links
Yes they did design it, and yes they are on the plan.

I just don't see the why they are needed.

End support panels are for finishing off the ends of the kitchen.

I.e high gloss ends, brown panels etc.

or to make up 18mm (for example) gaps, add them together throughout the overall kitchen it can take up some lack if needed.

Sometimes they are added to the end of the unit and sometimes replace the end of the cabinet itself.

Sponsored Links
End support panels are for finishing off the ends of the kitchen.

I.e high gloss ends, brown panels etc.

or to make up 18mm (for example) gaps, add them together throughout the overall kitchen it can take up some lack if needed.

Sometimes they are added to the end of the unit and sometimes replace the end of the cabinet itself.

I thought he would have realised if they were to REPLACE panels, didnt know use them for slack..good idea

Yeah, I have end panels as well, which is for the end of cupboards.

I could certainly see them used to fill small spaces though. But I have a cheaper way of doing that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back