New mixer tap on bath but low cold water pressure.

So why does he have a high pressure on his hot tap then? That's what I'm asking you. :confused:

He doesn't have high pressure on his hot, it has higher flow than the cold. As to why it's higher on one than the other - it's anyone's guess - air lock, crud in the pipe, isolator not fully on, tap design, etc, etc, etc.

Unless he has more than that magic 5m of head, one of the above problems, or a combination of several, may give him the symptoms he has. With adequate head a slight restriction, etc wouldn't be so critical.

He has a considerably higher flow from the hot tap yet the hot water travels all the way down to the tank near the boiler where it's heated indirectly then all the way back up to the bathroom and out of the hot mixer tap at considerably higher output than the cold tap that simply comes down from the loft??

I think you need to do more than a short course in plumbing mate. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Joe, if you can't understand what I have posted, there's little I can do about it.

At least you can go back to arguing the toss on General Discussion, hopefully having grasped the difference between pressure and flow.

If you want to showcase your lack of understanding of basic plumbing principles, please don't hesitate to post here again. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It's no good blustering, mate. You are now saying that the OP has got a partially blocked pipe - so you recommend he buys new taps? FFS - if he has a partial blockage - then it needs unblocking. :rolleyes:

The last time I sorted this problem it turned out to be rockwool insulation fallen into the tank and blocking the cold pipe exit.

I guess with a name like Whitespirit that you are a decorator - go back in the decorating forum and leave the technical stuff for us guys that understand it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the hot water tank has been mains fed and he's getting mains pressure at the tap. ;) :D

Come on Whitespirit - what is your solution to the OPs problem? Will you tell us? (He won't). :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Come on Whitespirit - what is your solution to the OPs problem? Will you tell us? (He won't). :mrgreen:

The solution is to get it sorted :)

hows Albania these days ?? do u still see your mate Fritz von scheister out there ??

Just a quick one, how did you connect the taps to the pipes? If you used flexi hoses, are there any kinks?

Used 300mm flexi to 22mm pushfit. Going from vertical to horizontal with a smooth curve. Didn't see any kinks but they are behind the bath now as the taps are in the middle of the bath.

Just to put an end to this. The flow that I thought was 'ok' decided to tail off over the last wee while until it was basically a dribble.

Got in from work tonight and thought I'd have a look into it and I thought I saw debris on the bottom of the tank so tried to scrape that off...then i realised the exit was on the side but was behind the ballcock in my vision lol.

Decided to ram a short section of 15mm pushfit pipe down the output and then headed to the bathroom.

Turned the bath on...then the tap..loads of 'airlock disappearing' noises happened and it turns out I can now run a bath at the same time as the tap as well as take a dump and be able to flush it more than once :p

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back