New mower time...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My petrol Toro Recycler has finally given up the ghost so I need to get a new machine - trouble is, no one seems to have anything in stock!!!!

I need a mulcher or a side discharge machine and a budget of around £500.

I was looking at either the Stihl RM4RT https://www.tornevalley.co.uk/walk-...-4-rt-self-propelled-mulching-lawn-mower.html or the Honda HRS 536 VK https://www.lawnmowersdirect.co.uk/product/honda-hrs536sde/.

Are there any others that should be in the running or does anyone have any experience with the above machines?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We have a Hyundai mower which has a large collection bag, side chute and mulcher adaptor. Sorry, can't remember the model number off hand.
Electric start and 4 speed range and 5 height settings. I can trim the lawn to bowling green height and go into the meadow next door and plough through 2' high meadow grass, nettles, dandelions and other weeds without much bother. (We 'maintain' a strip at the edge which is about 4 yards wide by 20+ yards long). Had it about 3 years now and it cost around £500. Not had any problems with it and would certainly recommend considering one to anyone looking for a new mower.

Not had any problems with it and would certainly recommend considering one to anyone looking for a new mower.

I did look at them but I’m put off thinking about spares. I couldn’t get a carburettor for the Toro recently unless I spent £50+ shipping from the states and it’s put me off buying something where a ready stock of UK supplied parts aren’t available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back