New Paint Brushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all,
I am about to purchase some new paint brushes. I'm only a diy'er but this next set I want them to do a good finish with little or no paint brush marks with either water or oil based paints. So who's brushes should I buy?
I see Hamilton and Purdy are top class brushes and I can get a set of 5 for around £30 here,
http://www.sandasupplies.co.uk/prod...ge=brur&textpageref=&id=3243&search=&sandbox=
or is this cheaper set worth a look considering I only diy,
http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/Tools/Paint_and_Varnish_Brushes/

I'm probably looking to buy a set of five.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated before parting with hard earned cash. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi

As with most things in life you get what you pay for....
I brought a set of the Purdy brushes a few years ago and have been very pleased with them, they give a fantastic finish on gloss, If you roller a door then lightly brush after its like glass, well almost :)

As long as you clean them properly they will last you for years.

If you are doing just basic painting maybe over a poor surface then I just use a cheap brush and bin it.....

i'm a decorator and i use purdy for emulsion and hamilton perfections for oil based, as i find the purdy's a little bit gutless for gloss :D

It's more to do with technique than brushes. You have to get your paint to flow by adding water/white spirit. Morrisons sell Harris Classic which are good brushes and pretty cheap.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, bit of a delay in answering due to re loading my Windows system on the computer.

Thanks to all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back