New passport, that'll be £72.00 please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Talk about rip-off Britain, passports are going up again on the 4th, to £72!!! :evil:

They only went up last year from 40 something to £66.

The cost of a current passport, according to the Home Office website breaks down thus:

Passport feature Cost

Application processing £14.49
FCO consular protection £9.65
Book production £12.25
Secure delivery £3.00
Anti-fraud initiatives £15.88
Authentication by Interview £5.88
Administration £4.85

My other half just renewed her 10 year Spanish passport (in Spain). Looks just like a UK one, has a digitised photo, and apparently has an RFID chip built-in as well. She paid €17.00, she had to queue up for an hour or so but was able to pick it up the next day. We have to wait 3 weeks :evil: :evil: :mad:

Does anyone know the cost of passports in other countries?

Sponsored Links
don't, had to get an MOT a couple of days ago, gone up to £50.

the cost of your pasport is 1.9p per day ;) we will sit hear for the next ten years waiting for you to renew, so we can rip you of again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You could holiday in this country and use the money you save by not buying a passport to purchase greasy fish and chips and Watneys Red Barrel.

Sponsored Links
How else can this perverse Government fund its fight against terror ;)

the cost of your pasport is 1.9p per day ;) we will sit hear for the next ten years waiting for you to renew, so we can rip you of again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So do I own it or rent it?

It's the fact that it's £72 for a little red book with my picture in it. I wonder if they'll do me a discount of £71.98p for a 'one day only' passport, ie: use it once and never come back.

I can see the day when we have boatloads of illegals trying to get OUT of this country!

Deluxs, we already have boat loads going to aussie, canada, costas ,etc. but they are all legals who wont be coming back, taking there death duty with then :LOL: , :eek: learn a new language your going to need it to get on hear :confused: :confused: you could learn to speck boll###ks like all our M.P.s :LOL:

You could holiday in this country and use the money you save by not buying a passport to purchase greasy fish and chips and Watneys Red Barrel.
Do they sell fish & chips & Red Barrel in Albania? ;)

Although a passport lasts ten years it is only acceptable in many countries if it has three months (or six in some cases) to run, so it is only valid for nine years nine months

Oz £87
Can £42
NZ £55

Talk about rip-off Britain, passports are going up again on the 4th, to £72!!! :evil:

They only went up last year from 40 something to £66.

The cost of a current passport, according to the Home Office website breaks down thus:

Passport feature Cost

Application processing £14.49
FCO consular protection £9.65
Book production £12.25
Secure delivery £3.00
Anti-fraud initiatives £15.88
Authentication by Interview £5.88
Administration £4.85

And I wonder which section the 'preparation work for the UK ID card/NIR scheme' is hidden under?... ;)

You don't really think the cost of a passport alone needs to rise that much do you?.... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back