new phone line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new house with a BT pole directly outside but the copper wire from it to the house snapped with the wind.
I want to transfer my sky broadband service to the new house and that ran on a BT overhead copper cable.
As the new house is opposite its actually connected to the same BT pole.
I ran what I believe is BT approved black outdoor cable, run it from the soffit where the old link cable was, via the loft and fitted a BT socket in the back room ready for the sky router.
Hoping openreach would just fit a new joint box by the soffit.

However since doing so, some contractors have fitted things on the pole which i believe are for fibre and understand that is what i have to have and there is no more copper wire services being fitted.
My issue is how do i get from the front of the house to the back where i need it, as i am sure BT will not pass it through the loft.
Will they just drill into the house and put a box there and then I can sort it, or could i run a 10m EZ bend fibre lead and leave that for them to connect to.
I also believe it needs to terminate near a mains power outlet.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Speak to OpenReach. They will help you

Spoke to them recently on behalf of a customer and was told that fibre wasn’t being rolled out at their postcode as yet

I renewed my Vodafone broadband contract and although it was still connected to the Openreach box in my hall, they sent me an adaptor so that my phone would plug into the router instead of the phone line as we don’t have fibre cable down our street yet. My mum who lived round the corner did the same and they ran a new fibre cable to her house. We both kept our existing Vodafone routers. I get about 55Mbps and my mum gets over 70mbps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back