New Potterton not working!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber has just connected my re-conditioned Potterton Puma 80 boiler.
The water and everything flows through correctly, but the pilot light will not stay lit, and he says the pressure valve is leaking

I called the guy who fitted it, and he said it was not 'commissioned' properly, and that it probably has an air block in it. He suggested turning the unit on and off repeatedly until it was cleared (so it fires up when you turn it on) and this should eventually clear it.
It seems a bit of a cock and bull story to me, but I would appreciate any advice on these comments, and possible things to try to get it working.
I can post more info as to what does and does not work tonight when I get a proper look at it, this is just second hand from my other half.

cheers

Sponsored Links
If it is new boiler, then contact the manufacturer they have service engineers who will come out to it and identify if the boiler is faulty or if it is an installation fault.
The following is copied from the Potterton web site, hope it helps....

Service Calls

If you have a Potterton product which needs attention, we normally advise you to contact your installer. However, if your appliance is less than 12 months old, you will still be covered by our guarantee. Please contact Heateam and they will be pleased to assist you.

Tel: 08706 096096
Fax: 01926 410006
E-mail: [email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back