New Power shower, pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we just installed a new power shower, Mira event Xs Manuel. ( from an old Mira event,make unknown, that the pump wasn't kicking in anymore and was creating a stangant water smell) and it's worked fine for about a week now when we turn it on the pressure is dredfull and pump sounds like it's working overtime for it. after a few minutes the pressure sorts it'self out tho and the pump sounds healthy again. we have hot and cold comming from it at start. any ideas what i should do to this?

bare in mind i'm a tottal noob with plumbing.

we have a hot water tank in the airing cuboard and a cold in the loft.

Sponsored Links
poor pressure/pump going high pitch points to water starvation or airlocked.
check the filters are clean
and water is running freely from both filter holes.

Ok I'm going to attempt to follow the instructions in the instaltion book, it's a bit beyond me tbh, would the filters be "clogged"? On a new shower? How do I fix an airlock?

Summary
Pressure is very low, then picks up after ~60secs. Pump makes high pitched noise, quietens a bit when pressure increases. Pressure still seems lower than it should be. It also has a couple of tines continued to flow after turning off the shower switch and flow control.

would the filters be "clogged"? On a new shower?

quite common is the waters been isolated then turning on can drag scale/crud up to the filters thats why they should be flushed.

How do I fix an airlock?

could be a plumbing issue.
clean the filters and while they are out let each supply run and clear any air.
Summary
Pressure is very low, then picks up after ~60secs. Pump makes high pitched noise, quietens a bit when pressure increases.

thats right the pump will be noisier with no water running through it.

It also has a couple of tines continued to flow after turning off the shower switch and flow control.

has motor stopped when flow continues ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the breakdown. Will try what you suggested, yes it flows hot and cold after motor stops

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back