Power Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I (like many others I suspect) have a problem with alternating shower pressure on a mixer shower that is fed off the bath taps (no direct feed). Have decided to get the problem fixed, and while I'm at it try and increase the pressure.

Have had six plummer quotes, and six different solutions to the problem all at a significant cost - have decided to have a go at it myself.

Question: - If I fit a Mira Event XS Thermostatic powershower (connected to the hot & cold flow going into the bath taps) - will this give constant pressure in the shower (ie when someone flushes a loo etc).

I have an electric shower in an en-suite next door (Mira Elite 2) - can I take the power from there (ie running an electric, and power shower off the same fuse circuit).

Another possible solution that has been recommended is to fit a 1.8bar twin impellor pump to pump the whole house system, and put it on a timer switch (to come on during peak 'shower times') - would this sort it?

Any info - much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Question 1- no pressure loss if you feed it off a tank (dedicated feed)

Question 2 - :eek: No. Each shower must have its own circuit and Rcd.

Could use a pump but I would employ a professional if I were you, and get it done properly. :D

Question: - If I fit a Mira Event XS Thermostatic powershower (connected to the hot & cold flow going into the bath taps) - will this give constant pressure in the shower (ie when someone flushes a loo etc).
depends what the loo is fed from :idea:

Is there any way of sorting this problem without a dedicated feed - it would mean ripping up floors etc....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back