New prefab garage -who/which to choose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As my reward for sorting out the electrics, heating and plumbing on the new house I can spend whatever's left on a new garage. :LOL: The current single sized prefab is a bit small, and I reckon I can fit a double into that space.

For value I'm looking at prefabs again.

Web searches have shown be Lidget, Compton and Hanson, of which I've ordered brochures and immediately noticed a significant difference in equivilant cost comparing sizes for 'off the shelf' garages.

Who's best for value, quality and customer service? Are there other names I should be considering? I'm not sure on budget yet, and probably won't be until the other work is concluded (there's enough of it) but it'd be good to know a bit more about the world of prefab garages in the meantime..

Sponsored Links
what's the budget?
what style and rough size are you after?
have you included whatever base / footings the pre-fab would need?
what kind of prefab are you looking at ( finished insied and out, SIP's walls etc? )

Choose one with a decent roof pitch.

Those with an almost flat roof can leak like a sieve.

what's the budget?
what style and rough size are you after?
have you included whatever base / footings the pre-fab would need?
what kind of prefab are you looking at ( finished insied and out, SIP's walls etc? )

As I said before, budget isn't decided, its whatever is left after all the rest of the work. I'll pay what I need to get what I want, but don't want to pay for anything overpriced or not required.

Bases usually aren't included so I'd have to cost that separately.

Size is about 16'w by 18'-20' max.

Not that fussed on style, it's a garage/workshop, as long as it is dry and secure, I'm not after marble columns or anything fancy.

Sponsored Links
Choose one with a decent roof pitch.

Those with an almost flat roof can leak like a sieve.

Handy tip - was considering flat/single pitch roof as it'd be in keeping with the lines of the main house. Can't see an option on the pitch of the roof on the literature I have - is it one of those 'designer' extras?

it's all in the names I think..

the site I googled from one of the names mentioned showed several styles, pent is a fairly flat roof sloping front to back, apex is slightly more pitched from side to side, windsor it even more so etc..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back