United Kingdom
Noted today site has changed

Used to be able to find old posts by clicking user name,
Then all posts by !

Can anyone explain please how to do that now
:(
Sorry admin maybe should not have put in electrics uk :oops:

Sponsored Links
You can still do this. On a profile there is a section under Statistics (in the left column) that give the number of posts they have made, if you click on the title it will show you their posts.

See here for more info:

Thank you, pretty easy really. :D

Apoligies again for wrong section

I don't use the forum search facility any more - it's useless and way out of date - why it was ever changed form the original one I'll never understand.

Use google to search the site.

Sponsored Links
Hi Ban, the reason it was changed was because the size of the forum made the old search unworkable, it was taking too long to provide results and crashing the server if too many searches were done at the same time. We recognize that the search is still lacking somewhat and it is a priority to replace it with something more resembling the original search in due course.

Just use it really to find my posts i have answered recently, as they sometimes dissapear of the page.
Still really learning other ways.

Which member has this many friends? Let's all meet up and make him get the first round in.....then scarper.

Hi Ban, the reason it was changed was because the size of the forum made the old search unworkable, it was taking too long to provide results and crashing the server if too many searches were done at the same time. We recognize that the search is still lacking somewhat and it is a priority to replace it with something more resembling the original search in due course.
Can't come soon enough, as the current replacement might as well not be there - it doesn't work.

Maybe the old one took too long, but at least it found results - the current one does not.

Maybe it sometimes crashed, but the current one never even gets going.

I've noticed that you can now send PM's via the profile page of your 'friends'

Would it be possible to extend the PM facility to other members who are not on your friends list?

Hi RF,

Opening the PMs facility up beyond friends is something we hope to do, but we need to build in the option of 'not receiving messages from non-friends' before hand so people can decide whether they want to or not. So hopefully soon :)

I do have to say that I do not see any advantage of site PMs over the more proper, faster and safer method of sending emails.

I once found a six month old PM on a site I rarely visited.

Now a question! How can I get advised by email of ANY new postings or topics in the Combustion chamber???

Tony

Hi Tony,

Currently there is not anything that would provide that function. However I will investigate and see what I can do. :)

Sponsored Links
Back