New programmer/thermostat for Worcester 30si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

we've just moved into a house which has a Worcester 30si - controlled with a MT10RF programmable thermostat. Unfortunately the controller clock has stopped working (although the radio link is still OK).

I want to find a replacement unit - but am trying to work out my options:
1. can I buy a replacement transmitter unit only - or do I have to buy both transmitter and receiver unit?
2. brand new RF units vary a lot in price - but I can't work out compatibility with our boiler to choose which appears best value
3. or is it easier to run a wired thermostat and do away with RF? Is this a straightforward DIY job, or does it require any wiring into the mains circuits (I do most DIY jobs - but not electrics!).

thanks for any advice

Keith

Sponsored Links
You can't easily buy the separate parts . The new Comfort RF range (the IIRF for instance) should be a direct replacement and comes with a new receiver to fit in the front of the boiler casing.

Check the boiler age with the Bosch web site, and bear in mind you have to take the covers off the boiler, no wiring is required though. The Comfort IIRF allows you to time the HW preheat function in addition to having a programmable room stat.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back