new rad fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
just fitted a new rad upstairs and now i have some radiators down stairs cold i think this is due to when i was draining the system from the kitchen rad on the drain valve it wouldnt come out as id later found it to be stuffed with loo paper so i just drained the bathroom rad into a bucket then refilled and bled system now im faced with cold rads down stairs whats the next step fellas..??? oh i need to fit a new drain valve in the kitchen as its leaking hence why it was stuffed with papaer...!!!!

Sponsored Links
The next step is get your drain valve sorted.
When you refill there is bound to be some air in the water so this will need to be bled off from the pump and the radiators. If any radiators don't heat up, it will be due a restriction in the form of sludge or a airlock.
If this is the case try closing off those radiators that do get hot and hopefully any airlock will be moved along to a radiator or vent pipe.
If the problem is sludge, then your pipework needs flushing out.
Perhaps while you're fitting your drain you could secure a hose on the open pipe and try flushing.
Does that sound realistic?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
yeah that sounds like it will have to be my next step, the problem occured as i couldnt drain the system from the drain valve as it was bunged up which i didnt realise at the time, all the rads upstairs including the new one are fine its just the down stairs ones now, hopefully if i totally drain the system tomorrow and refill and bleed it hopefully will be ok

Nice comma's, only two but they make all the difference ! Not suprised you choose to be offensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back