Warm rads downstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the pump had jammed on my system when I fired it up a couple of months ago. I drained the system and refilled it, then bled the air from the pump and the rads. It heats the upstairs rads instantly but takes ages to get the down stairs even warm. I've turned the pump up to the highest setting, but it's much the same. Is it new pump time? TIA

Sponsored Links
:eek:

What was the purpose of draining and refilling the system for a seized pump and not change it??

Anyway try turning all the upstairs rads off. This should hopefully clear an airlock which is stopping the GF ones from heating up.

I bought a new pump, but it was a contorsionists job to fit, as the pipe layout was crap. So I thought I'd see if the pump was the issue before I went to stage two :LOL: I've shut down the upper rads and the downstairs one's are now hot. Where do I go from here? TIA

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back