New Rad Knocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've managed to fit a new 1800x600mm rad in my bedroom. Works a treat apart from when the heating comes on in the morning it makes a loud knocking noise. It's loud enough to wake me up earlier than my alarm which is a bit of a pain.

It has a TRV on the inlet that is set to 2/3. The bleed valve is on the same side of the rad as the TRV.

The other rads in the house also make a knocking noise but no where near as bad as the new rad in my bedroom.

Anybody know what causes this?

Thanks,

Nick.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If it rhythmic knocking, it is probably the TRV with the flow in the wrong direction. Some can be altered to suit.

I've got my heating engineer coming tomorrow so I'll get him to have a look at the TRV for me.

What do you mean by pipes clipped? Clipped to the joists under the floorboards?

Thanks for the replies,

Nick.

I had some floorboards up before we finished the room and I'm sure they aren't clipped to anything. It's 8mm microbore if that make sa difference to the solution?

I'm gutted as I've sanded and varnished the floor, I'm not going to be able to take them up not.

It does sound as though it's coming from the TRV end of the rad rather than the outlet end.

Nick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back