new radiator fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I had a gas man fit me a new radiator in my bedroom, there was not one before but the pipework was in place. I am in an ex council flat and have the hot water supplied via a general tank somewhere in the block.

Works a treat.

However ever since he fitted it both my radiators in my lounge at the back of the house are stone cold. They were fine before for years. When I turn mine off I get a little heat at the top of the lounge radiators but nothing really.

What could this be. Id just like some advice and understandings before I go back to the gas man so he doesnt blind me with jargon.

Many thanks

Richie

Sponsored Links
sounds like it needs a bit of baancing... try this

each rad has 2 valves... one is on/off and one is a balancing valve
turn all rad on on on/off valve.
then shut all balancing valves down and then open them 1/4 of a turn
then run heating for 1/2 an hour.

check which rads are still cold and add a 1/4 turn to the cold ones... repeat until its all...balanced:cool:

could also be an air lock, just call him back out and tell him to fix it, he should of checked it before he left anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back