Cold Radiator after Draining Down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently drained down my gravity fed central heating system to fit new radiator and valves in bedroom, however when I filled the system back up, switched boiler on and bled radiators my loung radiator and its in and out pipes are still cold? I\\\'ve tried closing all other radiators (both ends) off and leaving only problem Radiators open but still cold and in pipe only gets bit warmer? Is it blocked (Air or Sludge?) Thanks Daz

Sponsored Links
if shutting all other rads didn't move it.
try shutting both rad valves and disconnecting from rad then open the cold one over a bowl.
letting the water flow can sometimes shift the airlock in the pipe, then refit

Cheers mate, I'll try that this weekend! The Lockshield end on the problem radiator has a drain tap, can I use that to unblock radiator, just I have a very very light cream carpet! Doh!

Sponsored Links
Cheers mate, so I need to close valve on end where pipe is warmish and fit hose to drain valve on other end and let water air out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back