Single pipe system problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have replaced 2 radiators on my single pipe gravity fed system and now only the first 4 of our radiators are hot the other 6 are cold. We have drained the air out of the radiators but they are still cold.
Any suggestions please
Thanks in advance :confused:

Sponsored Links
Have you tried turning off the working rads?
It's a one-pipe system dummy, if you turn a rad off the whole system stops working.

OP: Are you sure the valves are open? Try opening them right up to start with

Sponsored Links
Hi
We have tried switching the working rads off but not much success, the warmth has moved a little along the pipe but the radiators are still cold.

I did indeed put 2 TVR's on the new rads, one loop.

Thanks

Hi
We have tried switching the working rads off but not much success, the warmth has moved a little along the pipe but the radiators are still cold.

Thanks

TRV's not suited for one pipe systems - you need to ensure a constant flow. Take the thermostatic heads off and see if that improves things

Hi

Thanks

TRV's not suited for one pipe systems - you need to ensure a constant flow. Take the thermostatic heads off and see if that improves things

Not so swidders.

Standard TRV's are not suitable for one pipe systems, unless you have used the correct valve it will never work.

You need the special one pipe TRV, around £40 each. :eek:

The ones we use arent full bore they're a standard valve from the manufacturers range but its the operating characteristics of the heads that need to be chosen for differnt applications.

The ones we use for a one pipe offer different temp response and do not mechanical or thermostically lock down.

Not so swidders.

Standard TRV's are not suitable for one pipe systems, unless you have used the correct valve it will never work.

You need the special one pipe TRV, around £40 each. :eek:

Once again - a hole in my knowledge base filled. Thank you, Bamber and lcg for the info.

Hi
Thanks you for the info I will take the tops off the TVR's to change them to a regular valve and see if that helps.
Cheers

Hi
Thanks you for the info I will take the tops off the TVR's to change them to a regular valve and see if that helps.
Cheers

Won't make any difference, if you have fitted normal TRV's then they have to go.

Post the make/model.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back