No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had to drain my central heating system to repair a leak. Refilled the system and blend the radiators. I have no air in the radiators and they get hot. However I have no hot water. Spoke to a plummer friend who has tried to help. Connected hose pipe onto vent pipe in loft and back filled the system. Had a lot of air forced back into the expansion tank, but still no hot water. Boiler now been running 24 hours, plenty of heating but no water. System is gravity fed. Have 2x 28mm pipes in airing cupboard connecting to the water tank, both cold but the 2x28mm pipes connected to boiler are both hot. Now been without hot water 4 days. Can any one help?

Sponsored Links
"crack" open a wee bit the 28's where they enter the tank. Careful to hold the bits you don't want turning. That should let any air out.

If it doesn't work (or you can tell from the pipes tat it wouldn't) you probably have sludge settled from when you drained, in the way. If so you could try connecting the mains to the other pipe in the loft - the outlet from the f/e tank. That should blast any muck into the tank via the vent. (stopper the exit from the tank which you just disconnected!)

Tap flexies can be handy to connect with.

I've tried the top 28 already but not the bottom 28. I'll try the bottom one when I get home tonight.

Not sure what difference it makes connecting the hose the other way around. Connecting to the vent sends water around the system, any muck gets push into the tank via the outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back