Please help -hot water tank boiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can you please help me ?.

I have a similar gravity system as shown in the picture http://www.jesire.net/gravity

1 ) I want to know why there is a hot water pipe from the hot water tank going back into the mains gravity pressure tank ?

2) Also my hot water tank is starting to boil and i think i need a new thermostat etc ? I have had to switch off the tank now.

3 )When the hot water tank is getting really hot it seems to flow out that pipe(in pic) into the main tank, is this right or is there pressure building up causing it to swell over. ?

I had a plummer out yesterday to fix the ball in the main tank as i think the hot water coming out of that pipe(in pic)melting the ball valve and no water was running out anymore costing me £328. Now i realize that the hot water tank has caused it ? and that will need fixing too :(

Sponsored Links
Over £300 just for a ball valve?

We would have charged about £60 !

It seems to me that you have been ripped off!

Clearly you need an honest plumber to help you.

I also feel you should identify him to the Rogue traders programs as they need cowboys to expose.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back