New radiator is sealed up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a new radiator to replace an old one.
This is the first time I've installed a brand new one and I'm a bit unsure about connecting the new valves.

The new radiator seems to have all 4 connections sealed up. I am not sure how to unseal them. They look like they should unscrew, but I thought I better check before doing any damage. Can you please take a look at the photos and let me know how to get the ends off.

It is from Toolstation if that helps.

Photos here:
http://www.alanmangroo.com/Album1/DIY/index.html

Thanks
Alan[/img]

Sponsored Links
Ok ignore that message.
I've manged to undo the endcap.

I was trying to unscrew the wrong part.

I fell a bit stupid now....

Alan

Sorry Alan i've only just managed to stop laughing at your post, it's been 15 minutes.

Ah best post ever. Let us know how fitting the rad goes please. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
don't feel too stupid, there was an 'alleged' installer posted recently asking how to plumb in a rad....

don't forget to use the right amount of PTFE on the unions or you'll end up with...............................leakssssss

Job complete now!

No leaks as yet....

Glad I provided some a laugh for you all!

Job complete now!

No leaks as yet....

Well done! :D Im never critical of anyone who asks even the most basic of questions.

Flooze

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back