New roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My first post -

I have purchased a property with an extension (kitchen) - 10 ft 6" wide and 14ft long. I would like the roof shape in the kitchen no ceiling just sloped with windows in roof slope on one side is this possible. if so what is the maximum and mimimum height for the ridge of the roof for this size room ?

Hope you can help,

Cheers

WCE

Sponsored Links
Hi,

It's a pitched roof now, i'm in work now but I will get some photo's,

Cheers

WCE

Is it just a simple lean to pitched roof? You will need to find out how the roof is formed, whether the roof is pre-formed trusses (unlikely but possible) or just simple rafters from wall to eaves? If they are just simple rafters then it should be fairly easy to convert. To insulate properly you typically need about 100mm insulation between the existing rafters (depending on the size of the rafters) and then a continuous 50mm layer beneath the rafters, then plasterboard under that.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for prompt reply - I will have a look this evening - sorry to be vague but it's not a lean to its triangular shape like a house,

Ta!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back