New rubber flat roof query

I've never actually seen an EPDM roof layed before, and bearing in mind this was directly onto the concrete roof as advised.

I've attached some pictures as I noticed pooling today. Also note the corners which are those nearest to the house.

A) should there be any raised rubber, considering this was layed yesterday
B) are the corners acceptable? I appreciate being layed into flat roof water will need somewhere to go.

The reason for having the replacement was due to a small amount water making it's way inside, the last thing I want is a reoccurance

I am not a roofer, but I fitted a 30sq metre epdm roof so I learnt a lot doing it.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the posts above, your roof has not been installed professionally.
It maybe be possible to lay straight onto concrete if its perfectly clean and free of bumps etc, but it may need a primer and be laid with contact adhesive not the waterbased white stuff.

The detailing at the corners is incorrect and so is the flashing detailing.

Its difficult to lay epdm and avoid an occasional small bubble, but it should look basically totally flat.

Personally Id be concerned about leaks.

Unfortunately we see too many bad jobs posted on here where the tradesmen was found online........

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back