Flat roof replacement help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage has been converted and a warm, raised EPDM rubber flat roof has been used to replace the old roof. Unfortunately my builders did not put a pitch on the flat roof and as result we have large pools everywhere, not to mention an array of other issues. They are admitting fault and have agreed to replace the roof, installing a pitch to increase rain water run-off. They have come back to me with the materials they are going to use to do this replacement and I just wanted to check what you guys think. The first thing I am questioning is that they are not using firrings, should they be or do the timber fillets do the same job? Anything else they are missing?

New timber fillets
New facia as required
New rubber material
New adhesive

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
That is because they are 'so-called'. They are in fact a garage conversion company however I have learned that the internal conversion of a garage is about as far as their skill base goes even though they said they would replace our roof no problem.

Sponsored Links
It will go into a gutter running along the back and down a pipe into our rain water drain below it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back