New Samsung fridge freezer (RL42LGMH) too noisy...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently bought a new Samsung fridge freezer RL42LGMH. Upon unpacking, one of the plastic trays on the door where you place milk bottle etc had a cracking in it. As the tray still held together, I didn't make a big fuss about it and connected the fridge freezer.

Since first use, the fridge freezer makes a very loud noise every 40 - 60 mins, and the noise lasts normally 15 mins, sometimes longer. The nose is a mixture of two tunes - one humming tune, one sharper ringing tune. Other than this loud mixture of noise, the fridge freezer is very quiet the rest of the time. However, when the noise is on, it's very disturbing as it lasts at least 15mins non stop and it's quite loud. Given the cracking of the plastic tray on the door, I started to think if the noise have something to do with the uncareful handling during production or transportation?

I contacted Samsung and was told that if I am not happy with the noisy, they could arrange an engineer to visit but if there was no fault found, I would be charged a call out fee of £72. I live in Cardiff but their nearest 'approved' engineer is in Swansea. Just spoken to the booking department of their Swansea 'approved' engineer and was told that the engineer would not be able to wait the noise to come up if at the time of his visit the noise was not on.

So here I am, can anybody please advise if it is likely to be a fault with 15mins loud noisy about every hour before I risk wasting £72 call out fee and time off work? All my past fridge freezers are quiter than this new Samsung one, but I don't think they are defost free type as this one. If you have a similar model, I will be grateful if you let me know your user experience.

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help/advise.

J

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back