New service regs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone refresh me on regs for new service installation please? I've been on drains for the last 20 years, and a bit rusty now on supplies. Local football club are trying to hold the place together on a shoestring, to keep somewhere the local kids can play a few games, and it doesn't help they've just had a £2K bill for water, following a major leak underground. My friend is on the committee, and has roped me in to help....

I've put a temporary supply in overground to bypass the leaking section, but the place is a nightmare, having been altered and extended over the years, so by far the simplest way to a permanent solution is going to be a new feed into the clubhouse from the road, and leave the existing feed to the stand/pitch as is.

Plan is to lay a new service to the boundary, 750mm deep, bed it in sand to protect it. Duct through some 110mm pipe through the wall and up to inside the building, then seal duct with expanding foam. Connect onto existing cold supply and then disconnect and cap off the current temp feed and existing (now isolated) leaking former feed. Anything else I need to do please?

Sponsored Links
That looks pretty comprehensive to me.

Apart from telling the supply co as required.

Tony

Thanks Tony, appreciated. Looking at using the Insuduct to make life easier, hopefully weather will be favourable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back