New Shower Enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of fitting a new shower cubicle and do not want to use tiles to seal it, can anybody point me in the direction of the upvc sheeting that i have seen in other showers as you can buy it in a range of colours and in my opinion looks better and is a lot quicker and cleaner to do, if anybody can tell me what it is called i would be gratefull.

Sponsored Links
Done mine approx 10 years ago and cannot remember the name of the manufacter which supply the shower plastic wall panelling kit,not sure if this is one you're after ? The back panel goes in first then the side panels which you cut down to size then screw + cap + sealant on edge etc.Cost approx £40 a panel then,probably still cheaper than tiling.As you can see,still looks new after 10 years which I just wipe it clean with warm soapy water when I'm in there !
shower.jpg

I've searched the website and not getting anywhere but if it any help,I bought it from a bathroom builder merchant and you could give them a ring to see if there are still available or where the nearist stockist is.

223 London Road
South Benfleet
Essex SS7 5UN
Phone: (01268) 566566
Fax: (01268) 755578
Failing that,you can get waterproof wall panelling,see this.

When I tiled my shower last year I looked at some product in Homebase. I think it was called Aqua Panel and was from the USA. I think it had 10 year guarantee etc.

It was a waterproof sheet that looked like tiles and was either square edge or bullnose, depending on whether you were tiling within the screen or fixing the frame over the top. It came in white and some mottled colours. You just fixed a trim down the corners and slide the sheet in, sticking it to the wall with "No Nails". They say it is completely waterproof.

They were displaying them behind every shower cubicle.

Why not ask or pop in and see if they still do them. If not they may have some details.

I did see a web-site from the manufacturer at the time but cannot find it now.

Good luck.

Pal

Thanks for your advise and ideas, I have found a couple of local suppliers (Newcastle) and am waiting for price lists.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Scoby,

The company that I work for spend a lot of money with FORMICA in Newcastle so I am going to see if I can pull a few strings and get a couple of free panels from my contacts there, as they only sell to the trade.

Pal,

I have seen the product you mentioned in Homebase but it is not the effect that I want. THANKS ANYWAY.

TYNEPL.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back