Shower enclosure problem

Jim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to put a shower enclosure in a room but it cannot go in a corner but there is room against a wall . I have tried to find out whether it is possible to have a three sided enclosure with the rear(ie the room wall area) tiled. Despite many enquiries I find suppliers contradicting themselves about whether this is practical. I dont particularly want one of those units that are complete in themselves with plastic in place of tiling.
The issue is whether I can get a three sided shower enclosure and whether it is regarded as safe as it would not be in a corner and perhaps less stable.
Can any one give me advice please?
Jim

Sponsored Links
we have just that type of shower downstairs.

It consists of 2 smoked glass side walls and a smoked glass door that opens externally (doesn't slide open). Each wall + door section is secured within its own aluminium frame and the frames are rivetted together.
The back wall and the floor are tiled.
I'm in Australia so can't help you with suppliers in UK, but if we've got 'em, you'll have 'em :)

Providing one side secure to the wall I can't see any problem.

Try this www.showerright.co.uk/3_sided_shower_trays.htm

Could you not also put in a stud walls on one or two side.

Info tip: If any of you are thinking of having a shower,try and make sure the door open outward for emergency access.I have seen people collapse inside and having to smash the door down to get them out.

Sponsored Links
many thanks for your help and advice. I now know the score.
Jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back