New shower leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have just installed a brand new Triton power shower but went to switch on the water and "commission" it and the pump sprays out water where the two halves of pump join together and makes a loud humming sound.
I have contacted the place where I bought it from and naturally they don't want to know and I now have to have it looked at by somebody from Triton.
I am just writing this to see if anyone can shed any light on my leaky problem

Sponsored Links
Hello
I have just installed a brand new Triton power shower

are you, or have you used a qualified electrician?
but went to switch on the water and "commission" it and the pump sprays out water where the two halves of pump join together and makes a loud humming sound.
did you flush the pipes out adequately before you connected the pump?
are all internal joint tightened?

You need to ensure that you have done your side of the installation without fault.

sounds like the seals have gone, possibly through mismanufacture and humming is from pump being prevented from turning (possibly one seal has been wound up inside = buy one fault, get one free)

I have contacted the place where I bought it from and naturally they don't want to know and I now have to have it looked at by somebody from Triton.

Take it off, take it back preferably with receipt and with packaging, and demand a replacement- insist on seeing the manager and talk loudly!!!!

Out of curiosity, who supplied it?

Hello and thanks for the replies.
As far as I am aware I flushed out all pipes and my pipework has no leaks.
No I am not a qualified electritian but I am a competent diyer and its fairly simple to install electrically wise.
I bought the unit from an online company called showerstoyou and they are saying that because its been fitted then the shower must be done under the warrantee.
But how would you actually know if there was a fault if it wasn't fitted which is what I tried to tell the bloke on the phone.
My only worry is that the man from Triton will say its been fitted wrongly (which it hasn't) just to get out of fixing it for free.
Any thoughts?????

They probably won't complain, but you have left yourself wide open on the electricity side. Doesn't matter how competent you say you are, bathrooms and kitchens are specified as special places, and you are not allowed to do any electrics in them!

I am obliged not to advise you to lie about who installed the electrics to triton.

I'd try the suppliers again and insist on taling to the manager and not the monkey. Push your point repeatedly and go for a replacement.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.
No disrespect to you and I can see your point but I cant see how a simple
fused spur going to my shower can cause it to develop the fault that it has.
Do you think I should wait and see what the bloke from Triton says first or should I get back to the suppliers and argue that it was supplied to me with a fault which in my opion it was.
What in your opion causes pump seals to fail.
Many Thanks

No disrespect to you and I can see your point but I cant see how a simple
fused spur going to my shower can cause it to develop the fault that it has.
In the installation manual I bet it will mention how "all electrical connections must be made by a qualified electrician", or something like that.
Have you used one? - NO
Therefore, you have invalidated the terms of the warrany since you have not installed as per their specification.

I'm just thinking what they might say - don't have a go at me, I'm on your side here.

Do you think I should wait and see what the bloke from Triton says first or should I get back to the suppliers and argue that it was supplied to me with a fault which in my opion it was.
Bang on at the suppliers for a while - if it were a shop, you would take it back and argue the toss, so why should they feel they're something special?
What in your opion causes pump seals to fail.
Many Thanks

Manufacturing defect (rubber seal misaligned before plates screwed together)- shouldn't have got past quality control.

I apologise if I caused any offence to you.
I can see your point entirely about the electrical side of things.
I think I might ring the suppliers in the morning and ask to speak to a manager. Its all very well but technically I am paying for a refurbished shower if it does get fixed by triton and thats not what I want .
Many thanks

No offence taken - I'd feel the same way in your position.

Good luck with the manager, try to keep calm but push like hell! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back