New shower mixer intermittent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a new shower thermostatic mixer to supply a ceiling rainfall shower. The hot is supplied from a vented hot water tank with an inline pump in the loft, the cold from the water tank also in loft. When switching on mixer there is sometimes no water flow. I turn the cold fully on the cold flows then turning back slowly the hot starts and pump kicks in. Once set it is fine until you leave for a while then nothing again... Any ideas !! I have checked without shower being connected to shower outlet (thinking pressure drop going to shower head) but its the same.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like insufficient head to trigger pump....look at the manual and have a measure of the height differences.

The hot pump is in the loft about 1.3M above valve. Pump has a max head 6M. Shower about 1.2M above valve and cold tank 1.4M above. Valve operates low pres 0.1 to 1. Just don't understand why its intermittent

Untitled.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back