New Shower - need to turn off water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Triton Aqua Sensation shower has packed up and amazingly after 10 years they're still making it! So I've bought an exact replacement and in theory I'm hoping that everything will line up nicely and I just whip the old one off and replace with the new one :LOL:

The 2 pipes are copper that come down into it. Do they just slot in / out without any form of fixing?

Also, before I start fiddling, I need to make sure the waters off. I assume the stop cock under the sink in the kitchen downstairs stops the cold water but I'm unsure about the hot.....

In the airing cupboard (where the cylinder is) There are 3 pipes coming down from the loft. One is a 22mm pipe with a RED 'tap' on it and the other is a thinner pipe again with a RED tap turny valve stop thing on it (technical eh?)

What are these and will one turn off the hot water? Do I have to turn both off and then run the hot taps?

Any pointers gratefully received!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
nice one mate - thanks for that.

Incidently, whats the other gate valve on the smaller pipe for? Is that the feed from the cold water tank to the cylinder?

I'm hoping once the electircs and water is off all I have to do is slide the copper pipes into the plastic inlets on the Triton? Is there anything I should be aware of / prepared for?!

I'm not convinced that copper pipes rammed into a plastic tube with the electrics directly above it is a great design. Is there ever any internal spray or leakage?

My old shower has gone black inside - don't look too healthy!

Sponsored Links
Are the fittings on the inlets "speedfit joints" or "hep2O" joint? Is it right that all I have to do is push the copper pipes into the plastic inlets and thats it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back