New shower pump installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gravity fed copper cylinder
Mains pressure cold water
Shower on same level as the cylinder

Question. Is there a pump that could reduce the cold water pressure and booster the hot water all in one neat package to slot under the bath? (or have a I stumbled upon a new invention?).

So the gravity hot would be next to nothing in pressure whilst the cold may be over 3 bar.

Sponsored Links
The thermostatic shower valve itself acts as a restrictor for the 3bar of cold. You just want a pump which tees into your hot water feed, i assume.

Salamander are usually the brand i look for.

Assuming you have an electric shower at the minute...? (Just a cold feed...?)

Loads of them about - pop onto screwfix... first one i came across was item 2713d (weirdly, not a salamander...!) but lots available online too.

Last edited:
Mike2007 Have you considered a shower mixer valve that will cope with cold mains & hot tank supply.There known as venturi shower mixers and work fairly Ok but need to be installed and set up correctly.

if you really want a pump,its best to pump the cold and hot from the same source (tank).

Sponsored Links
They work Ok,shower head flow is iirc 8lpm.Not as powerfull as a pumped system but silence comes at a cost.

Purchased 3 last year,now special order only and expect to pay around £490 :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back