New shower room - who does holes in walls, connects to drainage, etc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are planning to install a shower room (with toilet) into our house... It would be in an area where there is currently no plumbing. The floor of this part of the house has to come up anyhow due to problems flagged by the surveyor, so that will be handy for running the pipes to the external wall. However, there will presumably need to be holes made in the wall for pipes £the walls are solid 600mm thick) and some groundwork outside to join to the existing pipework that feeds the septic tank.

What I'm wondering is would a plumber do the whole lot or would I need to contact a builder for certain aspects? I want to get some quotes in but not quite sure who to call....

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Depends .... I'm sure you'll find a external ground work & drainage businesses that'll do the outside ground work and main drainage and no doubt they'll have access to plumbers for the internal stuff and hook up.

Either that or engage the 2 resources yourself and pull them together.

Easiest thing to do is pop in to your local independent plumber's merchant (small shop that's been there years). They are likely to know who to recommend to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back