new shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to fit a new shower. I have taken off the old one(Triton 70) and have purchased a Triton 50i. Due to the current pipe position and the new shower, I need to extend the pipe across a bit. The pipe comes out of wall on left about 7 inches across, then it has a soldered connection going up, with a bolt that did connect to the old shower. Are there any special connections or will I have to add some more pipe?
Any help appreciated here,

Thankyou

lara

Sponsored Links
you will have a push fit connection or a compression connection. A compression fitting will be identified by the fact that the shower just has a 15mm plastic spigot on it. So you`ll need to use a compression elbow or a coupling, the fitting needs to be tight on both sides, dont be scared to tighten the olive onto the plastic spigot.

yeah, I got the compression elbow, then tried to fit another bit, but it was wrong fitting. A 90 degree male connector is the one that fits and takes the pipe over a bit, I need a connection to that now that takes it back upagain, but the ones I tried don't fit.

all i can tell you is how i would do it. tools down cup of tea and have think about the simple way of doing things. What size fitting is on the shower? say 15mm plastis pipe (most are) and what is coming out of the wall? 15mm copper pipe say. So cut off what ever fitting is on the copper pipe with a hacksaw. clean-up pipe and use compession coupling or elbow to connect to shower. Sounds easy most of the time is ( and you make cash money) but same job are just a pain, an you just have to think you way out of them. hope that helps.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Fit the shower were you want it then loosely fit the pipes working from the shower to the pipe work. Only when your happy it will all fit, tighten and check.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I was hoping to get away with not doing any welding but am gonna have to. Oh well!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back