new sky box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ordered new sky box, (not sky plus) to replace old unit.

When it arrives, what will I need to do concerning , linking the old card.
Do I phone sky or can I update it myself, via the receiver and phone line.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Put viewing card in box,
switch on,
go to services, system setup, system details.
call 08702 404040
ask to pair card to new box and give them details on screen. ;)

You don't necessarily have to phone sky to pair a standard sky box - a full system reset achieves the same thing (holding down a couple of buttons, google should tell you which ones)

(but you do have to phone them to pair sky plus, otherwise you can only record FTV)

If it is an existing viewing card, you have to phone sky. All channels except sports and movies will be available unless you get it paired over the phone.

A new card can be paired by performing a new installation from the installers menu.

Sponsored Links
All channels except sports and movies will be available unless you get it paired over the phone.

Sorry, that's what I meant, no longer have sports or movies (since the day sky dropped the £10 charge for sky plus!) so forgot that bit!!

best to get it paired anyway.
Keeps everything in check.

One thing to check is that you have the latest software on the box.
Once you have it all plugged in switch off power at the wall, hold the 'backup' button on the box, not the remote!, and switch the power on.

As soon as the message, 'updating system software' appears, let go of the button. This will make sure that you have the latest operating system on the box.

I've bought 4 + boxes in the past week and they have all had old software

Thanks all
Dont have movies or sport no more, so will try the reset, update it all.
Then once set up will phone sky to pair the card.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back