New sockets in garage

Terminating 7 cables into any socket terminal is crazy, whether it's rated for it or not. I'm tempted to pick one up and see how easy it is!

3x4mm would be fun too!

Sponsored Links
I don't know what sockets people buy but 3 x 4mm. is not a problem.

I am still not convinced that information regarding the number of conductors manufacturers state will fit their terminals can be regarded as instructions or ratings.

If a number of bits of copper will fit into a brass hole (or cage) - then they will - no matter what anyone writes, nor will it (usually) affect the current flowing through it.

I am still not convinced that information regarding the number of conductors manufacturers state will fit their terminals can be regarded as instructions or ratings.
Same here.
If a number of bits of copper will fit into a brass hole (or cage) - then they will - no matter what anyone writes, nor will it (usually) affect the current flowing through it.
Quite so - as far as I am concerned, it's a question of what will sensibly fit. Having said that, it might be that the manufacturers are talking about (what they regard) as the maximum number of conductors that can be satisfactorily 'gripped' by the screw or whatever, rather than how many conductors will physically fit in the hole.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back