New Style External NTE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

In the process of a knock down and rebuild. The old property has an underground armoured cable coming from the junction box on the verge outside to a small external junction box on the wall of the house. This then connects directly to a standard BT Master Socket.

What I'd like to do is use one of the new style external NTE connection boxes. Can these be purchased anywhere as I have been unable to find them? I know they were only introduced at the end of last year fornew builds bt I was hoping someone might be selling them.

I assume if I get Openreach to fit one, it will cost an arm and a leg!

Sponsored Links
As an openreach eng , yes you are right they are started to be fitted on new estates , but as yet we cant get hold of them , so you couldnt get one fitted by openreach legitimatly let alone get one from a local engineer

Thanks for the reply.

I assume the best option for me is to simply use the old style of Master Socket then and connect up the existing cable myself?

I just thought the new style NTEs where a great idea and it would have been handy to fit one of these externally.

yep run a lead in from the underground feed to the nte and then extensions from that , eventually we will start to retrofit the new external nte when we get then then all the internal wiring will be the customers and therefore we will have our demarcation point outside and will charge for anything inside the house.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back