New Tado heating systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just installed a Tado heating smart thermostat and couple trv. I had to go with Tado as only had two wires in my old cm907 thermostat to use. So far so good and install was very simple. I have an L-shaped open plan living room diner. I have three rads on there. In order to keep costs down can I get an extra Tado room stay on there instead of three smart trv. Leave the non smart trv I already have installed fully open. Will this work ok along side the main room stat on the hall? Seems like the cheaper option. I do want a couple more smart trv for the bedrooms. Tado do a multi room kite for those that don’t have their own boiler. It comes with two trv. It’s cheaper to buy one of those kits than a twin pack of trv and would come with another room sta for my open plan kitchen diner. Is the multi room kit stat just a standard room stat. Will it work fine with my other main house room stat in my hall.ok please?

Sponsored Links
I want the open plan room kitchen diner longe to act as one zone and the rest of the house to call for heat when needed.
Rather than buy three trv in the open plan kitchen diner lounge I wondered if an additional room stat sat in the lounge part would suffice the lounge Always needs the most heat in winter. A single room stat would be cheaper than three smart trv’s in that same room/area.

Sponsored Links
No you will have to get 3 smart trvs , the only way you could do with just a room thermostat would require a zone valve to be fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back