Would like to know whether TADO would work for my boiler and can replace my current thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My current boiler: Ideal logic Combi 3D

My current Thermostat: SALUS Model: RT500RF

What I like to do: Like to replace my current thermostat with TADO V3+ WIRELESS HEATING and also fit smart TRV.

I would like to know whether TADO wireless thermostat will work out or compatible. more than happy to hear any known issues or better alternatives as well.

Thanks

Attachments

• SALUS Thermostat.jpg
    SALUS Thermostat.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
With a combi, you don't need to use the hot water control part, which is there to control the heating of a hot water cylinder. Whilst there is a version that doesn't have hot water control available in mainland Europe, I've not seen it in the UK.

However, a Tado Extension Box that comes with a Tado wireless thermostat can simply replace a Salus receiver. For the 'Potential Free' option shown in the bottom diagram below, you will see that the Tado extension box has the same terminal markings as a Salus receiver. i.e.. NO / COM / L / N

SALUS WIRELESS RECEIVER
1699275893593.png

TADO WIRELESS RECEIVER
extn kit.jpg

I've no experience of the Tado TRV's but I believe that they communicate to the Extension Box in the same way that the wireless thermostat does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back