Tado Wiring to replace Siemens thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am hoping to replace the existing thermostats at home with Tado V3+.

The current configuration is detailed in the attached pdf.

Firstly I am unsure whether I should use a wired (relay or digital) or a wireless (S&Y plan) Tado thermostat.

Secondly from the wiring currently connected to existing Siemens thermostat, will I be able to connect the Tado without pulling additional wiring from the boiler? Apart from the existing wiring at the back of each thermostat, there are no other control panels or junctions boxes that I can see which originates from the boiler.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Attachments

• Current Configuration.pdf
    348.8 KB · Views: 207
Sponsored Links
I think the control panel from Tado would negate the need for a relay. I also think you may need the wired thermostat with internet bridge as opposed to the wireless version and then add on the wired thermostats for each room.

Thank you @CBW for your feedback.
So for the wired thermostat connection, which type of configuration should be used for Tado from the options below? And is the current set of wires sufficient for the tado setup?

tado wiring options.jpg
thermostat wiring.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back