New Texecom Alarm / Smart Connect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've previously installed a Texecom Premier Elite 24, it was relatively painless with a lot of reading and help from guys on this forum.
I've since moved and want to install an other alarm, I was pretty happy with the Texecom, to be honest the smart connect app was more of a novelty to me, didn't really use it.
However, although I didn't use the smart connect app it's mentioned on here some features of the V2 app are only available to pro installers (which I am certainly not :D) and that the V1 app maybe discontinued.
I just want to check what exactly I can and cannot do if I were to want to try to use the smart connect V2 app?
Assume it won't affect me using wintex to configure the panel?

Thanks,

Marvin

Sponsored Links
As it stands you can use Wintex regardless of the App Version or Cloud, Smart Com access can be used without the panel been registered to a cloud account.

V1 App is due to be obsoleted this year, however no idea when this will actually happen.

The hope for installers is that Wintex will be kept on, however in training sessions it has been heavily suggested it will be replaced by the cloud.

Cloud does have features Wintex doesn't, Wintex and Ricochet Monitor has features the cloud doesn't. You cant use the cloud without an internet connected module as it stands.

So I doubt it will disappear anytime soon, however the most likely outcome as it stands is Wintex will continue but extra features are added to the Cloud, only critical functions would be added to Wintex. However Texecom are responsible for what happens with there systems and software not I.

With V2 its early days, but as it stands only the affected is the app interface as an engineer I haven't looked at it from a diyer setup point of view only as I would have to test it that way.

For now I would setup on V1 app while its available get that how you like it and then update to V2.

Look at the Texecom videos on the V2 app setup.

Things are regularly changing, there have been rumours of a diy cloud access but nothing set in stone, I am aware that some diyers are claiming to be companies to gain access and some have been successful and some have later been kicked out based on posts I have seen by these users.

For more information you may be best asking the question on the Texecom forums.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back