New Texecom PIRs 3 out of 6 failed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Anyone installed a few of these Premier Elite IR PIRs (AFD-0001).

I just installed a new Premier 48 panel and thought I would change out the old manky looking PIRs that are probably 10 plus years old for some new texecom ones. On power up 2 work fine,3 of the 6 have status LED lit all the time and dont change state during a walk test. The final one has a dim glowing LED but does get bright when activated and seems to work ok during the walk test.

They are all wired the same and jumpers were all set the same before power up. Anybody else had problems with these units? Seems a very high failure rate for new units but I fail to see what I could have done to cause any problems to the new units

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes checked the voltages at PIRs, all around 13.6V. Even tried the not working ones on a short lead from the panel with the same results. Its not lookin too got for these new units

You can remove the 12V and reapply to reset the detector, but if the voltage is normalish, 13.6 is normal and all the LEDS are permanently on I would suspect a fault, if the setup is correct.

I would contact Texecom for support and report the issue as an led shouldn't brighten up on going active, it should be off or on not dim and bright.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys. Its back to the shop with them :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back