New Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since undergoing an extension im not convinced my existing wired room stat is now in the optimum location. Therefore im looking at replacing with drayton rf601 wireless so i can seek out the best place for it. Current system y plan fully pumped conven syst with separate 2 channel timer.

Question - Can i simply wire the reciever unit to where the existing wired stat lives?? its a honeywell mechanical by the way - exact model unknown but fairly run of the mill.

Responses greatly recieved

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Switchwires from the new stat can simply be connected to replace the old stat.
The best place for the roomstat is in the lounge unless there is another room where you spend considerably more time.

Thanks bengasman

Ironically the stat is at the back of the lounge at the mo. I was my understanding to try and get the room stat in the coolest part of house ?
ie hallway away from direct sun etc

Sponsored Links
Why would you want to control the temperature in the coldest part of the house with a roomstat? If you want the coldest room nice and warm, just set the roomstat to max and open all internal doors.

Basic logic behind temp control:

Balance between comfort and gasbill
Master control for the room where you spend most time. Secondary controls as slave of master control.

Example: the lounge where you spend the whole evening should be comfortable i.e. around 20C.
As the bedroom can be a lot cooler for most people, the rad their can be turned off before the lounge turns off. As you don't spend any time in the hall, any temperature is fine as long as it doesn't cause inconvenience.

If money isn't really an issue, secondary temperatures can be upped in favour of comfort, and vice versa.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back