New Thermostatic Shower Bar

adm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We have just had a bathroom refit with a thermostatic shower bar fitted which i am not happy with the flow we are getting from the new shower, our old shower was an old mixer shower from the taps and used to be powerful but the flow on the new bar shower is no where near as good. The shower bar fitted is a Montreal bar purchased from Victorian plumbing and fed from a combi boiler.
Any ideas as to why anyone.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Check the filters are clean,particularly if any plumbing work was done on copper pipes that involved soldering.

Thanks for the reply terryplumb, where do i find the filters/

On the inlet ports of the shower valve. So you will need to turn off hot and cold water supplies to it,and remove the valve from the wall.
Are there are any isolation valves specifically on the hot and cold supplies to the shower were they fully open ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info, i am sure the fitters said they had fitted isolation valves to both hot and cold supplies, i will remove bath panel in the morning and check and do as you say. Cheers.

Been also reading about flow restrictors, if i find them on the supply inlets would it be safe to remove them. ??

Don't remember ever seeing flow restrictors as integral parts in horizontal bar mixers.

If the bathroom is first floor and hot and cold supplies are from tank in loft (cold) and cylinder in airing cupboard (hot) then I suspect the shower is the problem. The Montreal require a supply at 0.5 to 5 bar pressure. A tank fed setup with cold cistern on the floor above the outlet will only provide around 0.15 bar pressure.

I have not got round to checking filters yet but have also noticed through trial and error when only the cold water running through it pulsates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back