New to carpet fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I am looking to get my laminate flooring replaced to carpet when I choose to sell my house however don't have a huge budget.

The area is the main lounge and equals to roughly 14m2.

Is this a simple task to complete yourself with a bit of training? Or should I take the expense and get someone to install it?

Sponsored Links
It’s not that easy and you could end up with it looking terrible If you don’t have to live with it, just go for the cheapest carpet with free fitting.

why do you want to change when you sell the house , do you think that will make a huge difference to the price or saleability of the house

i have not been very good at the attempts i have had to lay a carpet , but that may be just my inexperience -
buy the time you have purchased underlay , gripper rod, and a cheap carpet, depending on size of room, width/lenght if needing cutting , not going to be particularly cheap and the new owners will probably rip it up and skip it anyway - maybe £4 a square meter for carpet = 4x14 plus underlay , gripper , and maybe door thresholds depending on whats there .....

just wondered why the change

Maybe sling some cheap foamback on top of the laminate if that’s possible?

Sponsored Links
When I first bought the house we installed new laminate however we also got a puppy at the same time. He's unfortunately ruined a few of the laminate flooring pieces by chewing and clawing at it, so because we cannot buy the laminate anymore to replace those slats.

We were looking at the cheapest option of replacing flooring, carpet.

Hmmm, that might work actually. Might review if a large rug would hide them. Thank you for the suggestion!!!

theres no point trying carpet fitting unless you get a proper carpet stretcher and a pro carpet knife -and thats gonna set you back £100

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back