New Toilet on different wall to main Stack

d6f005c6ad74f4863855174d8d5b9b53.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yep you got it ! The fall of the pipe is taken care of mostly under the ground so you don't have to worry about getting the right fall through your floor boards etc...not a good idea to have a soil stack under the floor

I'm assuming your old soil stack will be cast iron? Which if it is won't be a issue as there's connectors for it and if you wanted your new one plastic but keeping traditional you can also get plastic that looks like fast iron.

You need to decide exactly where you want the wc then do your ground work so the pipe comes up directly where you need.it.

Yep you got it ! The fall of the pipe is taken care of mostly under the ground so you don't have to worry about getting the right fall through your floor boards etc...not a good idea to have a soil stack under the floor

I'm assuming your old soil stack will be cast iron? Which if it is won't be a issue as there's connectors for it and if you wanted your new one plastic but keeping traditional you can also get plastic that looks like fast iron.

You need to decide exactly where you want the wc then do your ground work so the pipe comes up directly where you need.it.
Right I get you. So the underground pipe would go from old soil stack all the way around to directly under where the nee toilet would be and would dig thf trench so there is the required fall?

Then would come up from the ground and attach to the new pipe up the wall that then has the pipe attached that comes from the toilet.

Only issue may be the path at the front of the house is concrete although I think there is a border running along the front and side of the house which is soil so could dig the channel there for the pipe

Sponsored Links
Morning Fergus,
Yes your spot on, when the pipe is laid in the ground it just needs covering with pea gravel before re filling the hole… in relation to finding the best route for the underground pipes I tend to just roughly lay them out and see what works best.

I personally think this Is the best option for you to achieve what you want to the standard you want , it’s the way I would do it at my house and what I would advise customers given the info you’ve provided ‍♀️

Soil pipes for your Purpose are only 110mm so I’d dig a ditch 45cm deep by 30 cm wide this should give you enough wiggle room to get where you need it
To be whilst sticking to the regs.
Best wishes
Jake

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back