new toilet to main stack question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Putting in a new loo on the same wall as the ouitside main stack and about 4m from it. between the loo and the stack is a 'between floors' stairwell window I have to avoid.

So my question is:

Do i drop vertically from the toilet 1.5m then run 2.5' to the main stack and use a 92.5' joint in the main stack

OR run at 30' to the horizontal and use a flexible joint to join to a 92.5' joint in the main stack.

Next question is do I then 'T' the shower and basin waste to the new branch (they are located betwen the toilet and the stack) or it is best to run to the main stack separately?? If to the new branch and I'm runnign it at 30' then the waste pipes will have to be 30' to the vertical to get then in the soil pipe square...

Thougts?

Cheers,

Virgil

Sponsored Links
No one have any thoughts??

Is it better to drop vertically to a gentle fall to the stack or steeper fall all the way??

I'd go with the 30deg option, using a 90 could prove noisy when the contents of the pan hit the bend on the way down.....

You can tee the wastes into the branch of preferred, odd angles can be overcome by angling the pipe where it exits the wall then use aeither a 90 or 45 deg bend just before entry to the stack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back