Moving the soil stack.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this in the right forum maybe should be building. however my current soil stack goes down the middle of the kitchen and is boxed in which is a real pain. I want to move it outside which appears straight forward enough with easy access to pipes etc.

The problem I have is I am installing an en-suite the toilet of which will be right next to the main one only separated by a stud wall, the first toilet pipe will go through the wall and connect to the new stack via a 92.5"branch similiar to how it is now. But how do I connect the other, I have looked on screwfix and other places in the hope of finding a "T" junction that will take the toilet outlets either side.

Will I have to have, 2 x 92.5" branch pipes underneath each other or is there another solution. Because if I were to keep stack in the house (because of building regs or something) I would be unable to join the second toilet to the stack.

Hope the above is not too confusing. :confused: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Can't you join the two WC branches together before they join the vertical stack? I think you can get a "double" branch, but it will be very expensive compared to standard single branch. check manufacturers' sites - e.g. Wavin, Polypipe, Marley, Hunter, etc.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again Chris, just edited my previous post to say I found what I was looking for thanks to your suggestion. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back