New toilet soil pipe under stairs via shared alley way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a new toilet pipe under stairs. I tried putting pipe under boards but not enough room under timber. Is having it via alley way a possibility? See image. Can I use a special type of bend to avoid another drain?

Attachments

• E98B7AFA-922A-421C-8BE0-AA67946E52AC.jpeg
    E98B7AFA-922A-421C-8BE0-AA67946E52AC.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 284
Sponsored Links
As long as you don't mind digging and get the correct levels.

You could put a manhole just outside the wall where the toilet will be so that the neighbour can have one fitted also. It will keep them happy.

Andy

You will need a chamber (Manhole) at each change of direction in the drain. I would agree with Andy, mini chamber in the alleyway, and possibly another at the rear, where you turn to connect to existing manhole. Alternatively, if the existing sewer runs across through the top of your diagram, then you may be able to make a blind connection onto that.

This work will need Building Control approval, so ultimately the final decision will lie with your Building Inspector.

Sponsored Links
Not everyone’s cup of tea but I have a similar layout and I’ve added (in red) what I have - and I chose the easy option not having any manholes. A Saniflo. 22mm copper pipe clipped to my flank wall going into my soil stack.
0C162B48-EF00-4033-B3A8-E88705C18C40.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back